Usually, people take care of themselves in a variety of ways throughout their lives. They acquire healthy habits, such as doing sports and sticking to low-fat diets. Still, everyone may undergo some changes as he or she grows older, and it’s impossible to keep these processes always in check. Prostatic hyperplasia is one of them. It becomes a pain in the neck for the majority of men starting after the age of 40. To put it another way, this condition occurs when a prostate gland gets enlarged and clenches the urethra, which results in unbearable sensations. A person who suffers from such a sensitive issue may experience pain while urinating and be unable to lead a full-on life.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) doesn’t form cancerous cells. Its causes are poorly known, but it’s believed to be strongly connected to endocrine profile changes in men. The hormone level fluctuates as a male matures, which is why it may take its toll on his prostate gland.
To better understand this ailment, let’s dig into key prostate adenoma symptoms:
- sudden urge to urinate (especially at night)
- failure to empty the bladder
- urinary retention
- discomfort in the perineum area
There are several risk factors, due to which a man may be prone to BPH. These are middle age, abdominal obesity (excess fat around the stomach area), and poor nutrition.
Ways of making out a prostate adenoma diagnosis
Being diagnosed with BPH means torturing yourself endlessly. To prevent this disorder from interfering with your happy living, you better have a couple of tests. Take a look at them to be always ready to meet this challenge:
- Be sure to have your urine checked for infections. If it turns out you have any, you may be prescribed antibiotics.
- Your doctor may want to see if your protein level is okay by using a PSA (prostate-specific antigen) test. If an adenoma is detected, the PSA level will be increased.
- A physician may offer you to complete a symptom questionnaire to better understand your complaints and analyze the frequency of your problems.
- An ultrasound scan shows the amount of liquid your bladder is able to hold. This test is carried out shortly after a urine flow check.
- The chances are, you will be asked to keep a diary to note how much water you drink during the day, what beverages you consume, and how often you urinate.
You may reduce the risks of developing severe prostate adenoma symptoms by keeping a healthy diet that’s rich in red fruits, vegetables, oils, and nuts. In addition to cutting down on junk food, maintaining your weight and quitting smoking may become game-changing in coping with prostatic gland enlargement.
PEMF as an effective addition to your prostate adenoma treatment
Uncured BPH may lead to urinary tract inflammation and bladder stones. In the worst-case scenario, it may even cause kidney damage. After you go through a prostate adenoma diagnosis, it’s time to think about an impactful therapy that can help put an end to this bothering disease.
There are a plethora of methods to get rid of BPH. First of all, you can take advantage of meds. The pharmaceutical market is brimming with alpha-blockers that may be must-haves in your benign prostatic hyperplasia treatment. They widen your urethra by relaxing muscles so that the flow of urine is smoother. The list of such meds comes down to:
However, your prostate adenoma treatment plan can also be backed by non-medical interventions. PEMF is known as a potent way of relieving intense pain with electromagnetic signals. Check out the MAVIT device from ALMAGIA International®. This portable gadget can serve you both at home and in a hospital, alleviating your unpleasant sensations caused by prostatic gland enlargement. Its pulsed magnetic fields and mild vibrations enhance blood circulation in the prostate, which has a positive impact on the gland. Once you apply this massage tool, you’ll notice sedative effects and swelling reduction.
Now that you know what benign prostatic hyperplasia is and how you can fend it off, you can set your mind at ease. You’ll always be prepared if this ailment hits you.